We Work for Oregon is a coalition of local employees and employers working together to maintain the vibrancy and entrepreneurial spirit of Oregon’s business community.
For many of us, flexible employment is necessary to maintaining our quality of life. But politicians in Salem have introduced a bill that will limit flexible and work opportunities for Oregon workers. If passed, this legislation will hurt our way of life and put significant burdens on employees, employers and businesses.
For employees, it means:
- Less opportunities to pick up flexible shifts
- A more difficult process to cover or switch shifts
- Fewer opportunities and available flexible jobs
For employers, it means:
- Strict mandates that make it harder to work with employees to schedule shifts
- More government red tape impeding job creation and innovation
- The possibility of severe fees, penalties and frivolous lawsuits